Any day spent quilting is a good day.

About Me

My photo
Groveport, Ohio, United States
I have been married for 50 years. I have 6 children, 11 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandson. I am originally from Southern Ohio (Jackson) but I have spent my adult life living in Central Ohio.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Date 1 - It Has Been Five Years

I find it hard to believe it has been five years since I last posted on my blog. I never was one to keep a diary or a journal. With the best of intentions I tried but always lost the desire to keep it up. I am hoping that I can change. Beginning today I plan on posting what I need to accomplish each day. I am implementing some changes and need daily nudges to keep me on track.

Today is March 1, 2017. It is the first day of Lent. While others "give up" something I rather do something positive. In a way I am giving something up but it is because I plan on changing my eating habits. I recently read about the sirt food diet. Interesting plan that makes sense to me. Supposedly, it helps with inflammation. I have a lot of issues along that line. Psoriasis is also another problem that may be helped. It can't hurt. I am starting this change weighing in at 197.5. I will post my weight each Wednesday. Let's hope it goes down.

As another positive change I plan on cleaning and ridding the house of one bag of "stuff" everyday. This bag can be trash or items to donate. It doesn't matter as long as something leaves the house. It can be a small bag or a large bag. It can also be something to store for that "yard sale" I always talk about having but then don't. (If the yard sale doesn't happen that stuff will also be donated.)

Here is a picture of today's trash. It isn't much but I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and got rid of a bunch of old stuff that was probably well passed their use by dates.

The Stitching Sisters' annual Sewing Day is April 1. I have several tops that I need to quilt and bind to turn in that day. I have one quilt finished and a second quilt needs the binding attached. My goal is to finish two quilts each week until the April date.

Tomorrow - lose another bag of trash and maybe some weight.

No comments: